Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Don't let it get me...

It has been a good week so far. I have been fighting a chest cold for the last couple of days. I seem to be winning, so far. Kathy and Grace were sick with the flu today. Whatever bug this turns out to be is a nasty one, or many. It seems to change symptoms each day.

I had a really good night at the gym. I really enjoy using the elliptical trainer. Using it doesn't hurt my knees like the treadmill does. I was able to go really hard for a half an hour tonight. (That's what she said!) (Sorry, the Office has corrupted me) Anyway, I got through my work out but had to sterilize and wipe down the ENTIRE machine when I was done with it. Oh well, it just means I worked hard.

I am back in my work out and eat better groove now that I am feeling better. Who knows, I could wake up tomorrow with double pneumonia. Nothing would surprise me.

Christmas is fast approaching. We decorated our trees on Sunday. One upstairs and one down. It may be a little early, but we had our Thanksgiving a month ago. Also, Halloween is over, so I need something else to look forward to. Kathy watched Elf with the kids tonight. That is on my absolute must see list for Christmas. I also love watching " A Christmas Story". I will not officially declare the Christmas season underway until I watch it. It is amazing how they were able to capture the absolute joy and humour of the Christmas season. I am able to reminisce about my own Christmas memories when I watch it.

My mom and I have always shared a special bond when it comes to Christmas. She has always been as excited or more about it than I have. I, in turn, am like that with my kids as well. I am really excited that she will be spending Christmas Eve with us. I am 38 years old and still have just as much trouble sleeping Christmas Eve as I did when I was little. The pattern is the same, I will wake up every hour on the hour until the kids wake up. If it goes too late, I have no problem waking the kids up. I am supposed to say that I don't think of myself and that I am happy to give and see what the kids get. The first statement is a pile of crap. I do think of myself, but I also am happy to give and see what the kids get. That is as close to selfless at Christmas as I can muster.

Scott will be coming home for Christmas, which will make this one extra special. I really miss him and look forward to sitting in his room, or wherever we have a working stereo, and listen to music with him.

I need to go to bed.

No comments: