Sunday, January 24, 2010

End of January

I don't seem to have a lot of time to post much here anymore. There are funny things still happening that are worth mentioning, but I can never remember them when I sit down here.
Oh well.

It has been awfully busy this past month. Christmas went well. Scott and Kelsey's visit was really nice. I was really happy to spend some time with them.

I have had some clouds of worry regarding my employment situation creep in. I was really close to having my position cut for budget reasons at the end of 2009. They have decided not to, which is great, but my natural paranoia is having a hard time trusting that it won't happen if things don't get busier down here. Things are business as usual until I hear different, I guess. I am more fortunate than others have been and I am grateful for that. I still have been able to feel a sense of peace about this, even if I did get laid off. I am working on a contingency plan to cover myself though, and it is NOT as a male gigolo.

I still have been going to the gym regularly and am still eating better. I had been struggling to see a difference in my appearance until I looked at some pictures that were taken at my family reunion in July. There is a big difference in my stomach. I look like I had just polished off eating a big meal and perhaps one of my smaller cousins by accident.

My goal for 2010 is still to be consistent. I have been and have made it to January 24th so far without breaking that resolution. What I am working toward when it comes to work, church and being me is just to string a bunch of good days together and to work my ass off in all areas. I really enjoy and depend on going to the gym every day. I can leave stress and frustration there instead of letting it permeate my mood and ruin my day.

I need to get to bed, as Monday just arrived. (insert expletive here)

No comments: