Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Leaning tower of power

It's been a while since I've been able to post anything. I guess that means I've been busy.

I got to play with some heavy equipment in the yard recently. I borrowed a John Deere 544 loader from one of our neighbors. I used it to move a heavy wooden play set into the back yard for the kids. I also moved a whole bunch of wood chips in the yard and moved a dirt pile in the back yard. Moving the dirt pile was done mostly because I could. I haven't changed much since I was 8 years old. I still like playing with in the dirt, it's just that the Tonka toys are a lot bigger. I got to show off my heavy equipment operating skills, and everyone knows the ladies love that. My wife loves it because I got the play set moved and I didn't drop it on her. I've got game.

The wheels are turning for this years list of renovations. We're getting a new garage door Friday morning and getting the basement measured for carpet tomorrow. I will miss seeing the stain in the corner where Bootsie, our deceased mentally challenged cat, pooped on the floor. We scrubbed that spot like crazy, but our dim bulb kitty must have eaten a Sharpie or something permanent. Boots was a good cat, but he didn't care to groom himself that often...or ever.
Kathy once denied to a neighbor that he was our cat, as he looked particularly haggard after one of his feline benders. I am afraid of what other memories will come cascading out of the old carpet along with the dirt when I have to remove it.

I am making huge progress with the '67 short box. The truck is still in Helena, but I acquired a 225 slant six that is currently getting rebuilt. It has a custom ground cam, 10 to 1 compression ratio and is a perky little motor. It has a four barrel manifold with a new Holley carb and a really cool six into one header with a cut out plate to bypass the exhaust. I also got a 904 transmission to go with it that has a stage 2 shift kit. There are more parts for it and all of them are in great shape. I have access to a fuel tank, brake parts and seat from a big mid 70's New Yorker. I have most everything I need to get the truck running once it gets here.

I need to go cuddle Josh, so this blog can wait...

No comments: