Thursday, April 2, 2009

Flat cat

This happened a while ago, but is still worth mentioning...

My wife Kathy was doing some laundry and had a large pile of clothes in the hall that we needed to take downstairs. I probably should have taken the laundry downstairs when I saw it, but I decided to walk over the pile and go somewhere else.

I stepped on what felt like a warm, soft towel. I am quite confident it was bearing my full weight when I looked down and realized it wasn't a towel at all. I had pinned our cat Mittz to the floor.
There was no sound, as I am sure there was no air left in his lungs. I also don't remember feeling any of his ribs when I stepped on him. All of that stuff had to have been displaced somewhere, but he immediately got up with no ill effects. I checked him over, and was quite astounded that everything was still intact and that the only body parts I had to stuff back in were his eyes.
Gentle, but firm, pressure with the moistened eraser on a pencil were all it took to pop them back in.

I am lying about his eyes. There really was nothing wrong with him.

I wish I could say that was the only run in I've had with cats, but it isn't. ALWAYS check before you sit down on the couch. I didn't, and only knew I was sitting on the cat when I could feel his limbs quiver beneath my buttocks. Poor cat...

2 comments:

Lynette said...

Poor kitty!!! Glad it survived!!!

The Shelley Family said...

OH MY GOSH! That is Utard for WOW!
Thanks for the laugh! My 4 year old used to sneak the neighbor cat in our house...and hide him in the couch cushions...I sat on that poor thing more than once..not a PEEP out of the cat...I only knew when my panicked son came in and said "mom u are sittin on acka" Lol