Thursday, April 16, 2009

Sleep?


It is 2:10 a.m. and I just got finished on the treadmill. I should probably go to bed, but am sitting here listening to Ozzy Osbourne on my I-pod. Ozzy will probably rot my brain, but it is part of my cool down after my work out.

I promised myself I wasn't going to miss a day on the treadmill. I really look forward to this now. There are things that happen most every day that I can't make sense of, but I have really been able to face and defeat the anger and anxiety of the day while working out.

Just so you know, the guitar solo in Ozzy's " No more tears" song is one of the best I've ever heard.

Just being active has awakened my goal setting ability. I really miss playing the drums regularly. I used to be really good at it when I was younger and want to get another drum set and knock the rust off. I also want to learn how to play the guitar and the piano.

I also want to get a really good sketch pad and some sharp pencils. I can now trust myself not to jam them into my face. I have mastered not running with scissors as well. I used to draw almost every day and miss that creative outlet. Finding the most disturbing pictures I can find on the internet and posting them as my Facebook profile picture has been and is fun, but I need to do more creative things.

Welding and fabricating things out of metal at work is something I love doing. That is why restoring old cars is so fun for me. In the 50's and 60's cars had so much style. I love looking at what some may consider a worthless piece of junk and making it cool. I have an idea of what I want it to look like and then plan the drive train, suspension and body work accordingly. I have plans to restore my 1954 Dodge panel truck that I hope to begin shortly. I have a Dodge Aspen station wagon in the back yard that will provide the suspension and drive train. I should be able to get it moving under its own power, for the most part, with parts and components that I already own. I've never built a low rider before, but my panel truck will be. The interior is still up in the air, but I would like to go with a Hawaiian theme inside, if I can pull it off.

I have a goal to drive that truck as far south on the Florida Keys as I possibly can, jump in the water for a while then turn around and drive home.

I have owned my 1962 Plymouth Fury convertible for almost a year. That is one cool car, but I need to part with it soon. I got it running and clamped on a pair of Cherry Bomb mufflers and have been having a blast driving it around. The kids and I took it in the Stirling parade last year and won a second place ribbon. There were two of us with classic vehicles. I lost to a 1937 Studebaker pick up truck. It is a beautiful truck, so I was happy to concede defeat. It really surprised me how people react to that car. There were only 1300 or so made that year, so it is really rare.

I really need to go to bed now...

No comments: