Sunday, April 12, 2009

Is that spandex?


Something happened yesterday that I never thought would ever occur. I bought some spandex running shorts. What is different from me and some other husky spandex wearers is that I have actually used them for exercising.

I apologize if there is an unpleasant mental image associated with this story, but please try to cope with it.

I have never worn spandex before and I can safely say that this will be my only foray into the world of slippery fashion. If I can ever run fast enough to where wind resistance becomes enough of an issue, I may have to soften my stance and go with a full body suit. For now, they shall remain hidden under my sweat shorts as I trundle my way to fitness.

I am quite proud of myself. On most Easter holidays and special occasions I can be found devouring whatever treats I can find. I behaved myself this weekend and walked a total of 5 miles on the treadmill at the hotel yesterday. I walked 3 miles on Friday, and I am really enjoying being active.

I had a great time with the family and really enjoyed playing with the kids in the pool. Being in my swimming suit in front of people still bothers me, but I did it anyway.

We brought my mom with us to Great Falls this weekend. Scott had to fly out to Tulsa to visit his dad, so we took the chance to have a bit of a holiday. I have been really trying not to take my Mom for granted. She is really fun to be around and I enjoyed spending time with her. We've had some good talks lately and she is a great example to me.

Josh is hounding me to get off the computer, so I had better listen to him or face the wrath...

No comments: